Benefits of Organic Lemons
This little sour fruit promises benefits more than its size. Thanks to the flavor of this fruit, it is usually used to enhance the flavor of salad, tarts, marinades and desserts. It is packed with Vitamin C and boosts the overall immunity. A Organic lemon that weighs 58 grams has more than 30 milligrams of vitamin C. Its absence could have led to many health problems. The fruit is oval in shape with a thick peel yellow in color. Did you know that lemons are berries from the Mediterranean region? Sailors used to carry lemons on long voyages to help prevent scurvy, a life-threatening disease that was quite common amongst sailors.
It is popularly known to act as a natural blood-purifier, stomach cleanser and immunity booster. Organic lemon as a beverage is also helpful in removal of kidney stones. It further helps in lowering the risk of strokes and reducing body temperature. Its juice is packed with many medicinal benefits.
Apart from Vitamin C, they also have a high content of phosphorus, vitamin B, carbohydrates and proteins, and. Organic lemon is a natural antioxidant. They help in controlling cancer besides preventing diabetes, high blood pressure, constipation, indigestion, fever and many other problems.It further improves skin, hair and dental health. In fact, according to the American Urological Association lemonades can help in removal of kidney stones by helping in formation of urinary citrate. It does not allow for crystals to form.
Surprising Uses of Lemon
Besides making lemonade, organic lemons can also be used as:
- A washing product or a natural detergent as it removes stains from clothing and other materials
- Organic lemon scent repels mosquitoes naturally
Some Health Benefits of Lemon
- Constipation: It helps fight one of the most common digestive proble- constipation or indigestion. Having a few drops of lemon juice to lukewarm water in the morning can help fight the causes of indigestion and constipation. You can also have a few drops of lemon in water after meals.
- Helps fight fever: It can increase the chances of lowering fever as it helps in causing perspiration.
- Dental Care: By gently massaging lemon juice into the gums with the help of a toothbrush, stop gum bleeding. It further helps in removing bad breath and killing germs.
- Good for Hair: Just apply some drops of lemon juice into your scalp a few minutes before your shower and you will see wonderful results.
- Skin Care: Having lemonade with little or no sugar makes your skin glow.
Some additional benefits :
- Helps lighten scars from burns: It can help get rid of pigmentation when applied to old burns.
- Cholera: As it is a natural blood purifier, it helps fight malaria and cholera .
- Diuretic: It helps to flush out bacteria and toxins. Thus, it is useful in the cure of rheumatism and arthritis.
Thus, have at least half a slice of organic lemon everyday in whichever way you desire. Being a natural immune booster, they offer quick and easy solutions to many health issues.
Disclaimer: You can rarely go wrong with this marvelous fruit. However, you should seek doctor’s advice in case of particular treatments.