Sprinkle on salads or make a wonderful pesto out of it!
Pesto Sauce Recipe:
- 200g Italian basil
- 50-75 grams pine nuts (depending on your liking)
- 100-150 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pound the garlic and basil leaves with a mortar and pestle. Add the pine nuts (you can also roast the pine nuts for an added taste).
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and add the parmesan cheese - a little at a time along with the olive oil and stir until you get the right consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper as you desire
- Optionally you can also put the mixture in a food processor and blend. Adding a squeeze of lemon is great to bring out the fragrance of the basil!
Serve with pasta or use as a base for your sandwiches!
Origin: United States