Pests are the organisms that farmers despise the most because they consume or destroy their crops. To prevent them from doing so, farmers use pesticides, which are a mixture of hazardous chemicals. Pesticides are chemicals that are applied to crops to prevent damage from insects, weeds, and pathogens. It boosts agricultural, vegetable, and fruit yields while also speeding up the growing process. Pesticides such as insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, and rodenticides are used by farmers to combat many sorts of potential pests.
This newsletter brings to you a compact dose of health tips regarding the harmful impacts of pesticides on our health.
What are the harmful effects of consuming pesticides through food:
- Pesticides have been connected to a number of deadly illnesses, including cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Pesticides cause illness, ADHD, nervous system damage, and kidney abnormalities. It has a detrimental impact on the reproductive system as well.
- Pesticides’ acute effects include irritation of the skin and throat, as well as respiratory problems. Nausea, dizziness, and diarrhea are typical side effects.
- Pesticides contaminate the air, water, and soil. It is also poisonous to birds, mammals, and fish.
- Pesticides are a toxin that takes time to kill. Pesticide-contaminated food may not hurt you if you eat it once, but eating it repeatedly can fill your body with lethal toxins.
- When you consume contaminated food, you are absorbing a combination of pesticides rather than a single chemical. Many pesticides remain even after a vegetable or fruit has been thoroughly washed.
The easiest way to avoid pesticide-contaminated food is to:
Pesticides have a negative impact on the overall environment. Now, it is past time for us to abandon chemical-laden farming methods in favor of natural farming practices such as organic food.
Pesticides, antibiotics, and genetically modified organisms are not used in the production of organic crops, which are grown using natural fertilizers such as dung. Consequently, food is grown and prepared without the use of chemicals in organic farming. People are increasingly choosing organic over non-organic as their awareness grows. There are several organic crops on the market. Organic goods range from organic rice to organic pulses, ketchup, spices, tea, and jaggery. These organically cultivated goods provide a number of health advantages by ultimately providing a cutback from pesticides.
The essence of eating is survival and if there’s something harmful and deadly that has found its way into our foods, we must try to eliminate them from our diet. Radiance Wholefoods comes with a plethora of alternative organic foods that can help you set your dietary lifestyle on a healthy path, while majorly reducing the chances of chronic diseases. Visit our website to browse through our catalog.